- Psalm 3 A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
- O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!
- Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." Selah 
- But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift  up my head.
- To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah
- I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
- I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.
- Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.
- From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah