- Psalm 12 For the director of music. According to sheminith.  A psalm of David.
- Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men.
- Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.
- May the LORD cut off all flattering lips and every boastful tongue
- that says, "We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips  --who is our master?"
- "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."
- And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
- O LORD, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever.
- The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.